HONORING OUR LOCAL HEROES.
2020 has been a year like no other. The COVID-19 pandemic has truly altered lives around the world and has changed everyone's daily life in one aspect or another. No one has felt the impact more than our essential workers. First responders like our police officers, fire fighters and EMS personnel have been on the front line working to negate the impact of the virus. Our local heroes have sacrificed much; they have spent time away from their families, their personal lives and even put their health at risk in an attempt to keep the public safe.
INVESTING IN OUR LOCAL HEROES. Globe Wealth Management wanted to express our support of our local heroes during this unprecedented time, so in lieu of our traditional annual holiday gesture to our clients, we made a donation to the New Hampshire Police, Fire, & EMS Foundation.
NFPFEF's mission statement is "to be a resource for Police, Fire and EMS personnel and their family in dealing with crisis or catastrophes not covered by insurance or employing agencies, and/or workers compensation funds."
Photo: Stacey L. Blodgett & Jame S. Valiquet, Chief of Police
Please Note: The charitable entities and/or fundraising opportunities described herein are not endorsed by, or affiliated with Cetera Advisors LLC or its affiliates. Our philanthropic interests are personal to us and are not reviewed, sponsored, or approved by Cetera Advisors LLC.
We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results.- Herman Melville, American Novelist
Helping people in your community makes that community stronger and healthier - and makes you stronger and healthier in the process. Performing community service is a very worthy endeavor that helps bring neighbors and others together, helping us all see the bigger picture of life we often miss in living our daily lives. So, whether one sees their community as their neighborhood, town or city, state or country, or the entire world, it's now time that we all take a bigger role in that community's well being - ensuring that all members of that community are valued and supported and have the access to the resources and tools they need to work towards achieving their own goals and potential.
GLOBE WEALTH MANAGEMENT, and our entire team, are committed to our community and the diversity of the members that live within it.
Stay tuned here for upcoming events that we will be supporting and participating in 2021!
In the meantime, here are 10 ideas for helping in your community:
1. Reach out to a neighbor in need. Every neighborhood has people or families in need, from elderly or handicapped shut-ins to struggling single-parent households.
2. Perform an act of random kindness. Buy healthy snacks for your office or the teachers at your child's school. Pay the tolls for several people behind you. Give an umbrella to someone stuck in the pouring rain. Learn more ideas here: Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
3. Mentor children at your local school. library, or neighborhood center.All organizations that deal with children need adults of any age to work with the children in a variety of ways, from after-school tutoring to recreational and sports activities
4. Serve at a local soup kitchen or food bank. There is no greater gift than helping feed those in your community who are down on their luck and would go hungry if not for the service provided to them.
5. Donate blood. You can help save the life of one or more people simply by giving a pint of your blood at your local blood bank or during bloodmobile visits to your community, school, or office. (And if you can't give blood, help organize a blood drive for those you can donate!)
6. Volunteer at the local animal shelter, rescue group, or humane society. The animals are part of our communities too, and many of these shelters and rescue organizations need much help to achieve their missions.
7. Visit a volunteering-related Website to find multiple opportunities to serve.One of the greatest benefits of the Internet is the amount of Websites that can help connect people with local organizations that desperately need help.
8. Pick up trash along the road, at a local park, or along the banks of a river, stream, or lake.Many times there are organized efforts to clean some of these locations, but there is nothing stopping any of us from picking up litter when we see it. And smokers? Put the butt in the trash, not on the ground.
9. Help build a home with Habitat for Humanity.Working with Habitat not only literally builds the community, but also helps welcome a needy family who would not have a home without the help from people in the community. No building skills are necessary to volunteer.
10. Contact your local United Way, Red Cross, or Salvation Army for discovering new service opportunities.These and other local aid organizations are clearinghouses for many opportunities to serve in your local community, making a difference in the lives of your neighbors.